Merit Financial, which was founded in 1986, was later changed to Merit Gold. Merit Gold opened up an office in Santa Monica, California, in 2011, as a head quarter to carry out precious metal distribution and investment services. According to the company, it provides the best rates in the market and all the procedures are highly transparent. They also provide the highest pay-back rates.
The representatives at Merit Gold work individually with their investors to devise the best investment options available according to every person’s needs and requirements. After having a sound discussion with the to-be-investors, executives at Merit Gold then suggest if investing gold, silver, platinum or palladium is the best option. The remarkable aspect is the customer suggestions and support they offer.
As a good gesture, Merit Gold has also taken part in a number of community projects to help cancer patients. They also took part in the Wounded Warrior project to support war heroes and soldiers who have been to wars.
Procedure To Invest With Merit Gold
Merit Gold can be contacted though a telephone number where an account executive is assigned to each customer. This executive would guide you through the procedures required to make the purchases. Once the customers choose the products they want to invest in, they are provided with a transaction ticket which is forwarded to the customer service department.
After this procedure is complete, customers receive a call from Merit Gold so that the products selected, payment method and shipping details can be discussed and verified. Here is where the transaction is completed.
Merit Gold Products
According to company representatives, the rates of all products on their website are updated every few minutes. Its preferred to contact Merit Gold through their toll-free number as many products are available to those customers who inquire through calls.
Merit Gold’s products include:
- Britannia Coins– Merit Gold also offers investment options like 2013 Lunar Series Britannia coins.
- Coins– Merit Gold also possesses a wide range of precious coins. Among these precious coins, American Buffalo and American Eagle coins are the best selling.
- International Coins– Merit Gold specializes in importing precious coins from countries like Netherlands, Austria, France, Africa and Canada.
- Liberty Coins– Certified liberty coins can also be invested in.
- Precious Metal Bars– Merit Gold offers a wide variety of precious metals bars. The variety they provide is absolutely remarkable. They offer gold, silver, platinum and palladium bars which are imported from different parts of the world.
Merit Gold Services
- Individualized Service– Perhaps, this is the most valuable service Merit Gold has to offer. When customers call, they are assigned executives to provide individual services in making selections for products. They also offer suggestions and options based on customer’s financial portfolio.
- Personalized Verification– When customers are done choosing the products they want, they receive a call from the Merit Gold’s customer service department to verify everything from products to the shipping details.
- On-Time Processing– Merit Gold is known to process requests and applications within reasonable time to minimize delays and to avoid unhappy customers.
- Payment Options– Payments for investments can be made through a bank wire or a check.
- Shipment Costs Excluded– This is where most gold investment companies lag. Merit Gold tells the shipping charges upfront and if customers wish, they can donate the shipping charges to the Wounded Warrior project, resultantly making shipping free. All shipments are insured to avoid hassles in the case of mishaps.
- Special Requests– If customers wish to specifically purchase a special coin, Merit Gold accommodates such requests.
Where most gold investment companies lag behind is the customer service aspect. Merit Gold offers a wide array of options to contact their customer support representatives. Customers can contact them 6 days a week, and the representatives are present for extended hours in the evening as well. Merit Gold’s website offers a number of forms which the customers can use to request any kind of information they want. Customers who have finalized that Merit Gold is the company they want to invest with, they can simply fill out a form and the support representatives would give them a call.
According to the Better Business Bureau, Merit Gold is currently not accredited. Because of current updates, it is still unclear whether the company isn’t looking for accreditation or it doesn’t fulfill the BBB requirements.
However, the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA) rates Merit Gold with AAA depending on their services, customer support and legitimacy. According to the website, an AAA rating means, “there is nothing in our files which causes us to doubt the company’s reliability”.
An online review company, TrustLink also gave excellent ratings to Merit Gold. They gave Merit Gold a total of 5 stars based on almost 650 customer reviews.
A large portion of Merit Gold’s success goes to its account executives that play an important role in customer guidance and support. They guide each customer individually throughout the entire process. It is this individual attention that makes investing with this company a good option. The interactions show expertise and the representatives are really friendly. This allows the customers to be more confident in making their decisions with Merit Gold.
Another huge factor to their success is the fact that their website provides all details straight forwardly. The rates are constantly updated to keep the customers up to date on the current rates of precious metals. Merit Gold also offers really competitive rates and a low fee. Their rates are comparatively lower than most other gold investment companies and there are no hidden fees or charges.